2017 Annual CCBSS Supplier Summit
Coca-Cola Bottlers’ Sales & Services Company LLC (“CCBSS”) hosted the second annual Supplier Summit on December 5, 2017. The event was held at the newly opened Mercedes-Benz Stadium in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. This annual event is meant to celebrate the successes of our most valued suppliers. Only 100 suppliers received an invitation to the event to meet with the leadership of our Coca-Cola Bottling Partners and key executives from The Coca-Cola Company. The topics were focused on helping suppliers understand the evolution and future of the Coca-Cola system in North America. The event concluded with awards presented to our most valued supplier partners.
Highlights from the meeting included:
- Keynote Address
- Brandi Shortt (Chief Executive Officer, CCBSS) provided the keynote address and welcomed the supplier community. Brandi was recently named the CEO of CCBSS. This was a great opportunity for everyone to get to know Brandi and understand the CCBSS journey to self-sufficiency.
- Total Beverage Company
- Karla Radtke (VP Category Commercialization, The Coca-Cola Company) presented the future of The Coca-Cola Company as a total beverage company. She provided insight into the changing consumer needs and The Coca-Cola Company’s response with the expected launch of exciting new brands.
- Beverage Headwinds
- Matt Echols (SVP Public Affairs, The Coca-Cola Company) provided a candid overview of tax and regulatory challenges and The Coca-Cola Company’s strategies to address these issues.
- Panel Discussion
- Chris Gaffney (President, National Product Supply Group); David Dumont (VP of Operations, Coca-Cola Northern New England); Robert Hanshaw (Sr. Director of Procurement, Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated); and Tony Pert (Director of Procurement, Coca-Cola Beverages Florida) participated in a panel discussion hosted by Gary Bleazard (Vice President, Procurement Supply, CCBSS). The panel answered questions that were submitted in advance by the supplier community. The topics included understanding the role of CCBSS in the franchise bottling system; the journey to a self-sufficient company; and how the franchise bottlers will help to reinvigorate the carbonated soft drink business in North America.
- CCBSS Procurement
- Anthony Felando (Chief Procurement Officer, CCBSS), Anup Pillay (Vice President, Procurement Direct Materials, CCBSS) and TJ Nguyen (Director, Procurement Indirect, CCBSS) provided a deeper look into CCBSS as an organization and how our valued Suppliers can help us win.
Congratulations again to the award winners listed below:
- Supplier of the Year – Westrock
- Direct Materials Tower Supplier of the Year – Coveris
- Indirect Tower Supplier of the Year – Lenovo
- Supply Tower Supplier of the Year – Penske
- Commercial Tower Supplier of the Year – Imbera
- Customer Service Supplier of the Year – Acmi
- Most Innovative Supplier of the Year – Metalfrio
- New Supplier of the Year – CC+I